Professional Dental Cleanings
- Despite our best efforts, eventually we all accumulate hard deposits of calcified plaque called calculus on our teeth. Unfortunately, once calculus deposits have formed, regular brushing and flossing will not remove these deposits from your teeth. Thankfully there are dental professionals, called Registered Dental Hygienists, who specialize in the removal of these deposits and the maintenance of your periodontal health.
- For most people it is recommended to see a Hygienist at least once every 6 months, however, in some cases were individuals have suffered from the effects of periodontal disease a shorter interval between cleanings is necessary.
- Not visiting the hygienist on a regular basis and years of neglect can lead to periodontal disease: a condition which can result in loss of the supporting bone around our teeth, bacteremia, bad breath, and a greater tendency towards other serious systemic health conditions.
Oral Cancer Screening
As part of our new patient exam and subsequent checkups, the dentist performs an oral cancer screening in which he checks for possible cancerous/precancerous lesions or other pathology. For more information on oral cancer and the risks associated with it please see the link below.
- Sports Guards
- Evidence shows custom made mouthguards offer the best protection against dental injury while playing sports
- Bruxing Guards
- Snore/Sleep Apnea appliance
A full description of why Waterpik is great for preventative care is available on the Waterpik website: